Brooke and Han are incredibly passionate about assisting women through pregnancy and beyond. Both navigating pregnancy and motherhood themselves, it feels like a natural progression to focus their attention on women in similar situations and stages of life. Utilising Han’s knowledge as a physiotherapist and now knowing first-hand how beneficial home-based exercise is for mums and mums to be, they decided to take their pre and postnatal offering to another level with their new programs.
Our Pre and Postnatal Programs are designed to help women move their bodies with confidence, to see results and to enjoy the process. In addition to carefully planned out movement sessions, each week you will also receive educational videos by leading women’s health professionals to take some of the guesswork and googling out of pregnancy, birth and those early days with a newborn.
Our intention with our prenatal program is to provide women with clear and safe information alongside their movement classes during pregnancy. There is so much information out there, it's hard to know what to believe and who to trust. Our aim with this program is to help women to feel empowered and educated rather than confused and uncertain.
Our 10 week prenatal program can be started at any point during your pregnancy. The program consists of three Pilates classes per week plus one optional class that focus on all the areas we need to strengthen during pregnancy to help you and your body prepare for when bub arrives. As the body changes during pregnancy, the way you exercise also needs to change a little to reflect this. In our prenatal classes, we focus on stretching out your hips and spine and strengthening your glutes and pelvic floor to support your pelvis in preparation for giving birth. And equally importantly, you will strengthen your upper body in preparation for feeding and lifting your beautiful bub.
In addition to the movement classes, we have collaborated with leading health professionals including a women's health physio, lactation consultant, sexologist, dietitian, naturopath, hypno-birthing consultant and Han, to provide 16 educational videos based on a variety of topics to educate you in preparation for birth. Topics include:
- Women's Health Physio Fiona Beder: Pelvic floor anatomy/how to engage correctly, common pelvic floor concerns during pregnancy, abdominal separation, preparing for labour (perineal massage, downtraining PF etc), what to expect after giving birth and more!
- Physio Han McKimm: Exercise guidelines during pregnancy, pelvic girdle pain, returning to exercise post birth
- Naturopath Lauren Daye: supporting your body during pregnancy, Iron deficiency
- Dietitian Wendy Fedele: Nutritional needs during pregnancy, preparing for the postnatal period (First 4 weeks)
- Lactation consultant Jess Kahan: Antenatal expressing, breastfeeding tips for first few weeks of pregnancy,
- Calm birthing consultant Vanessa Barnard: Preparing for labour, why hypnobirthing/Calm birthing, tips on how to have a calm birth, labour tips and more!
- Sexologist Meg Callander: Sex during pregnancy
Our eight week postnatal program is designed to gradually and safely build back your strength to a level where you can confidently return to the regular classes on our platform. The program consists of 3 classes per week, all created and instructed by Han, who knows first hand what it feels like to return to exercise after giving birth. These classes focus on strengthening the pelvic floor and deep abdominal muscles, assisting postural control, stretching the spine and hips and building back general strength in the upper body and legs. After giving birth, either vaginally or via caesarean section, our body needs time to heal and recover before we resume regular exercise again. We take things gently to begin with, but as with all Pilates classes, gentle doesn’t always mean easy. You will feel adequately challenged and stretched by the end of each class and by the end of the program you will be ready to return to any class on our platform.
In addition to the movement classes, we have collaborated with leading health professionals including a women's health physio, lactation consultant, sexologist, dietitian, naturopath, hypno-birthing consultant and Han, to provide 8 educational videos to support and empower you through your postnatal period. Topics include:
- Women’s health physio- Bec Scott
- Pelvic floor anatomy/how to engage correctly
- Common pelvic floor concerns post pregnancy
- Physio (Han)
- Postnatal Exercise Guidelines
- Dietitian (Wendy Fedele)
- Postnatal nutrition needs (4 weeks +)
- Naturopath (Lauren Day)
- Looking after yourself in the postnatal period
- Lactation consultant (Jess Kahan)
- Breastfeeding tips
- Hypnobirthing consultant (Vanessa Barnard)
- Adjusting to your new way of life
- Sexologist (Meg Callander)
- Sex after giving birth